Monday, September 15, 2008

Saving more money on car insurance

Well, I told the world that I saved $330 by switching to Geico from AAA a few months back. I mentioned in that post that I really liked dealing with the insurance gal that I was dealing with. She has always been very helpful and since we have developed a bit of a relationship it makes it much more enjoyable dealing with her.

Saving another $200 a year on car insurance

She emailed me about a week ago asking me if I would be open to her getting me a new quote with a few other insurance companies. Of course, why not? So, she ran it and she seemed to be very excited to tell me that she could get me the exact same coverage for $200 cheaper per year than Geico.

The new company is America First/Liberty Mutual who coincidentally just recently purchased Safeco. I don’t know much about this company. I think the truth about whether or not it is actually a good deal remains a secret until you have a claim. Dealing with AAA on a claim turned out to be quite difficult, so that made the decision to switch even easier. Hopefully I never have to find out how good America First is…

My car insurance lesson

The lesson learned here is that I have saved $530 on my car insurance (keeping the same coverage and limits) over the last 6 months. I didn’t really think I was paying very much, but I am glad I shopped around. It is something to think about. This is another thing to consider if you are trying to save money on your car insurance.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home